Monday, May 11, 2009

Leaving Dogs in Parked Cars

Bobo (my mini poodle and newest yard sale king)

-----------------------------------------------


Summer after summer I see dogs left in parked cars on hot days while thier owners shop. I will never understand how people can be so careless with reguard to their animals. If you see a dog or cat left in a parked car call the police or animal control. The will take the proper steps to ensure the animal is alright.


When ever I am out shopping and I see a dog left in a parked car, I leave a flyer stating the facts of what can happen to the dog. I hope that by educating the owner, they will make better decisions in the future.

I am giving my permission to crosspost this flyer.

(copy only the text between the stars)
*********************************************
Summer is here…
…and leaving your pet unattended in a parked car can be a deadly mistake!

The Facts:
- On a 75 degree day the temperature inside a parked car can reach 125 degrees in a matter of just 30 minutes.
- Cracking car windows will do little to reduce the heat inside of a parked car. Also this gives people the chance to reach in and take a small dog.
- Once a dogs temperature reaches 105 degrees they can suffer from heat exhaustion and/or heat stroke in a matter of minutes. When this happens, many organs such as the kidney, liver, brain, and heart begin to shut down.
- Dogs with pug-like noses, seniors, dogs with long coats and young puppies are extremely susceptible to heat stroke or heat exhaustion.

Please take these facts into consideration before taking your dog with you and leaving them in your car on a hot summer day!
*********************************************
On the reverse I print "Pet Owner - Important Information Inside".
-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are wagging with excitement that you stopped by our blog!