Sunday, November 10, 2013

Senior Tests

As doggies and kitties get to the senior years of life, they require special care.  FVC has put in place a list of 6 tests that check for common ailments of seniors.  We decided that since we are well into our senior years we should preform these tests.

We began with a paw-ticure and a butt-i-cure.

 Then off to the x-ray room. 



 I was the brave one and went first.


 Dr. Rushing reviewed the x-ray and said it looked good but that I have arthritis in my mid and lower back. :(  She also pointed out I ate a large breakfast :) and if you look on the left hand side towards the top you can even see my microchip.  Cool huh?!?!?


 It took some convincing but we finally got Bobo up there.


 After review Dr. Rushing said Bobo look all good.


The other test we opted for was the EKG.  Now we were both shaking in the corner when we saw this machine but Buttercup was the brave one and tried it out and since she survived we decided we could do it too! 

OH MY DOG! It was super easy.  We got to lay down on the surgery table and have three little clips put on us.  A few minutes we were done and got lots of loving!

 Dr. Rushing said my "P" waves were long, which may mean I have an enlarged heart but didn't see that on x-ray.  So in about 6 months or 3.5 dog years I need to be rechecked.

Bobo's was picture perfect!











For completing our first senior tests we got these way cool wallet cards.

Dr. Rushing even put fun stickers on them to show which tests we had completed. 


We are going to wait to do the blood tests until toofer cleaning time so we only has to have one pokie in our wittle necks.    Now I'm not sure what a urinalysis involves but it doesn't sound good at all!

Maybe we won't do them all...hmmm...


Wags and Licks,
Senior Testers Mollie Jo and Bobo

12 comments:

  1. You two are very brave to have your innerds pictures taken and then have that EKG thingy done. Glad they didn't find anything serious to worry about.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for explaining the x-ray. I was wondering what was in your tummy. Good to know that you both passed. You are the picture of fitness.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those machines look scary! Hopefully I can be brave like that if I ever have to be around them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! Thank goodness all your insides look good too
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure you aren't part doxie? You look so looooong stretched out in your xrays! I'm glad you both are healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you have a slightly enlarged heart - you are a very big-hearted girl with love for everyone! Nice job being around all those machines and being so brave!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABulous check up guys!! Those are some cool pics the Dogtor took of you! I hopes you got lots of treaties for all that torture!! BOL
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is way cool that your mom took you for all those tests! Good thing Buttercup went along to put you at ease! We are very glad that you passed and got special stickers! Xo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes you went to the blood stealers. We too hope you got treats for being put through all that. Anyway despite the enlarged heart looks like all is well.
    Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bobo! My name is Duncan and I got your name in the Christmas Exchange. Yay yay yay!!! I love the howlidays! I can see that you take very good care of yourself and also that you like to get out and about! I will keep this in mind as I search for the perfect gift for you! I blog at whitedogblog.com. Touch base when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Duncan good to meet you. I emailed you but wanted to give you my email.

    Kwing1989(at)gmail(dot)com

    Replace the () with the symbol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking good guys! Literally Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete

We are wagging with excitement that you stopped by our blog!