Saturday, December 19, 2009

Medicine

A few months ago my allergies started getting worse. Sometimes my face gets puffy and I cough alot. Momma had our vet check me out and it is just allergies. Instead of putting me on the expensive medicine she reccomended Benadryl for adults....One pill a night for as long as I need.

After about a month of being on the medicine and being fine...I started feeling yucky and couldn't eat much...Momma was so worried about me. Grandma suggested that it may be the Benadryl so she didn't give me my pill Thursday night and Friday I was back to normal...feeling good...doing zoomies...and eating like normal. The bad news is I started coughing Friday night. So she did some research and found out that the reccomended dosage is 1ml per pound. That means I was getting enough medicine for both me and Mollie combine. So momma picked up some childrens Benadryl so that she can measure out the exact dosage I need. I will keep you all updated from here.



Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo


15 comments:

  1. I hope you get better soon!
    Paws crossed!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. You OD'd. I hope you don't have to go to rehab to detox.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that dosage works for you and you are feeling better soon.. HUgs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hope this works and you feel better soon.

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, That was way too much for you. My mom keeps "baby benedryl" PILLS in the cabinet at all times... just in case I ever get stung or have a reaction to something.
    Hope this works for you. Keep us "Posted."
    PeeS. I took a good look at your Snowman Tags. I am not sure I could wear those on the "quick release" thingy... beclaws... I am sooo "short" that they would hang to low and might catch on things. I think they look SUPER on you two though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, good thing your Mom figured that out. Hope the change helps a lot. Can't be sick for Christmas.

    Woos, Phantom and Thunder

    ReplyDelete
  7. allergies stink :( We sure hope that new method works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi bobo,

    So glad your mom figured out the correct dosage! Hope you are feeling better!!

    xo martine & the kiddlets

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the smaller dosage, Bobo! Good thing your Grandma and Momma caught that...

    ReplyDelete
  10. We hope you feel better real soon Bobo..that medicine thing can be so confusing for us littler doggies!

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  11. We hope the lower dose works for you so you can feel better soon!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feel better!

    Say, question, any ideas what your allergies are to? What is your Momma feeding you Poodles? A lot of dogs have allergies to some really common ingredients and grains in dog food, and I know a lot of dogs have had good luck with allergies by switching to a grainless food like Acana, Orijen, or Taste of the Wild.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bobo,
    We hope that you feel much better soon! It's almost time for Santa Paws! There are too many unwell pups around right now. Twix is not well either!! Sending you many hugs and kisses!

    Woofs and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete

We are wagging with excitement that you stopped by our blog!