Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sewing Sunday and a Walkie

Momma was so happy with sewing she wanted a new challenge. So of course she naturally thought of handmade designer doggie dresses for me! About a month ago this arrived in our mailbox.

She cut out all the fabric and followed the directions.

Very nice! Now this was her very first dress (my conversation heart dress was her second) and he ran into problems and would put it away and come back time and again. See the piece that was supposed to go on my chest (the piece on the right) didn't fit me just right.

She kept trying different things and she would sew pieces on then cut them off. Thus making this dress the "Franken-Dress". Eventually she and grandma came up with an elastic piece to make it work and last night she finally finished the John Deere Dress!

So for todays walk I debuted my new dress!

I was feeling pretty in pink so I decided to lead the pack!

Brother was not far behind.

Quick stop for a drink.

Trotting home!

Bobo decided to take a shortcut home. He trotted right up the side driveway.

Silly boy!
Please note my pretty feet!

I am quite proud of momma for making my toes so pretty and for sticking with the sewing to make my Pink John Deere dress!

Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo

9 comments:

  1. Mollie Jo.. How could I help butt think that your Pretty Pink dress is wonderful.. I LOVE everythingy... John the Deere.

    Your mom did a super job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mollie Jo, you just look so pretty there in that dress. Good for Mom for figuring out what to do - whatever it was, the dress fits you so nicely.

    Happy Sunday.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love your snow suit look! And nothing runs like a Deere, huh? ;-) Beautiful dress!!!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know my favorite color is pink! You look fabulous in your Deere dress. You are a fashion statement. GIve you momma extra huggies and licks for all the work she put into it.

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie and Mack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Mollie Jo!
    Your pink dress is pawesome!
    Glad your mom and grandma found a way to make it to fit you! Grrreat!
    Sure you all had a nice walkie!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mollie...dat is such a purrty dress. I wish Mom could sew one for me...but I has dat funny sausage shape dat da dress wouldn't fit right. Mom isn't smart enough to make adjustments. So.....oh well!

    Loves your purrty feet too. Now you needs some purrty pink nail polish to complete da outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a nice pink dress your Momma made you! We love pink (or should we say our human loves pink). Our human made a dress from this easy pattern she found here http://sewdoggystyle.blogspot.com/2010/09/doggy-style-on-ruff-budget.html
    Perhaps your Momma would be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look just beautiful in your pink John Deere dress, Mollie Jo!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom is very patient and the results show. Your dress is stunning.

    Slobbers,
    mango

    ReplyDelete

We are wagging with excitement that you stopped by our blog!