Monday, October 1, 2012

Short Work Week After Labor Day





Hello everyone...its me Katie the momma.  I have lots of kennel tails (and feathers) to tell!  Its fun going back and looking at the dogs and other various pets I have worked with.  So here we go.

It was wonderful to have Monday Sept 3rd off for Labor Day.  So my week started on Tuesday.  I did my kennel work then came out into the treatment area and found this.  Yep its a chicken.  It was sick and Dr. Rushing was taking care of her.  Her name is Talullah.

That particular Tuesday was super busy and I was put in charge of helping to answer phones and helping where needed.  I was totally ready for it!  One of the first calls that came in was a vet in Princeton wanting to know if we had a vet that neutered snakes.  I had never heard of such so I asked both vets and neither one was up for that!  Then I was called by a client asking if we trim pig hooves....umm...No.  Then I had a client call in needing worming medication for her 4 chihuahuas.  It took some time but I pulled charts, put the order into the computer, printed the rx lables, and filled it just in time for the client to arrive and pick it up.  It was literally call after call and taking calls while doing other tasks.  But I LOVE it!  At one point Liz and Dr. Rushing went running by and to my surprise a wild Bangle cat had got loose and sought safety in Dr. Flanary's office.  It took them some time but they did capture her.   By the end of the day we were all tired and had to band together to get everything cleaned up but we did it and rolled out an hour after we were supposed to!  In the midst of all the busy-ness Cookie found her zen moment!




And as Wednesday rolled around so began our big campaign.  September Spay Special.  We wanted to educate the public on the importance of spaying and neutering and help out all the families so we offered a 20% discount on all spays and neuters for the entire month and they would get their picture in the facebook album "Spay and Neuter Club Pets".  We have

TinkerBell

Betty Ann

Maggie Mae


Sissy came into be spayed but once on the table it was found that she had been spayed.  She was a shelter dog and didn't have much history.  But your an honorary member!!!

 My boarding cat Cleo and Callie (not pictured but looked almost identical) they were in cages side by side. It was confusing at check out with such similar cats with similar sounding names.

This is Tiger and I was the one to give him fluids.  He was so sweet and shy. 

Snickers returned for her next heartworm treatment.  

Koko joined the Spay/Neuter Club

As did Lily

On Thursday our own Dr. Rushing brought her dogs Dilly....

...Miller...

and Ruffles by to stay the day with us while she and her mom went out house hunting.

Last but not least Willow came in for her LAST HEARTWORM TREATMENT!!!!  YEA!

On this Thursday I had a very special talk about a certain dog in the kennels with Dr. Flanary but that shall wait till tomorrows post!  

I must keep you in suspense as it is time to walk Mollie and Bobo then supper time!

-Katie

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lot of great things happening!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khousin MERDIES!!! original name was Tallulah!

    AND that is some excellent paw-work by Cookie The Greyhound!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: I wonder if Tallulah knows Angel Mango RH's DOH?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD I love Sissy!! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure is busy around there....whew!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing all the great pictures. Willow is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these animals are lovely. All that cuteness really sweeten my day. Thank you and keep up the fab work!!!!

    Sankissjuice

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so cute and you are so kind. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete

We are wagging with excitement that you stopped by our blog!